After a weekend of cheat days and indulging, I wanted to share this savory recipe for crispy kale chips. I love this recipe because it utilizes a superfood (kale), and it works with literally any seasoning, making it easy to customize! I’ve made these chips a few times now, using a new spice blend each time, and they always come out awesome.
crispy kale chips
- 1 bunch or large bag of kale
- olive oil (or olive oil cooking spray)
- salt & pepper, or any blend of spices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry the kale. It’s really important to get the kale as dry as possible: let it sit in a colander for an hour, and blot with paper towel, if need be. The drier the kale, the crispier the chips.
- If you are using a bunch of kale, chop it into manageable pieces.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the kale with olive oil (don’t overdo it!). Toss the kale in the olive oil. For a more even coating, using olive oil cooking spray or a Misto oil mister.
- On 1-2 baking sheets lined with aluminum foil, spread your kale and sprinkle with salt and pepper, or your spice blend. I have used Lawry’s, as well as a Chicago Steak Seasoning, and they were both awesome!
- Bake 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your chips. If you used two pans, stir and rotate halfway thorough. I like my chips close to burnt, so I sometimes baked them slightly over 20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool, and enjoy!
The only downside (if you can call it a downside): you’ll eat way more kale than you may be used to. These never last long at my house, and writing this makes me want more…even though it’s super early.
I linked up this post for Foodie Friday!